Experienced Corporate Attorneys Akron, Ohio | Entity Formation and Transactions/Contracts
At Davis Law Group LLC, our Akron corporate attorneys provide professional legal advice and consulting to privately held small to large size businesses in the transactional areas of corporate, business, commercial, and intellectual property law. Our legal services include the formation of business entities, such as corporations, S-corps, and LLCs, contract drafting and review services, trademarks, copyrights, debt collection, mergers and acquisitions, and a host of other legal services.
Davis Law Group LLC represents clients across many industries including healthcare, insurance, financial services, construction, engineering, manufacturing, housing, nonprofit, and many areas of government, including local representation for other law firms. Our team of experienced attorneys have as many as 35 years of practice in the Akron, Summit County and Ohio courts. We are a small firm with access to large firm resources that allow us to provide responsive service to both small and large clients at an affordable fee.
Entity Formation | Corporations, S-Corporations, and LLCs
Sound legal advice from the Akron corporate attorneys at Davis Law Group LLC, can help make the right business decisions from day one and make all the difference in your business' success. The Ohio business entity formation attorneys at Davis Law Group LLC can help you understand the many important factors involved in starting a business and the business and legal implications of each option. We provide responsive, comprehensive support to start-up companies in the Akron area and throughout Northeast Ohio.
Business Entity Options
Our Akron business attorneys can describe the benefits and drawbacks involved in each entity choice, helping you structure your business in a way that supports your business objectives:
- Sole Proprietorship: Will you own all of the business assets or will you have business partners?
- General Partnership (GP) or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): Will you be sharing profits and losses with other people? Would you need to protect partners from personal liability.
- C-Corporation and S-Corporation: Should a board of directors oversee the corporate and shareholders own the business?
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) and Professional Liability Company (PLC): Do you require a corporate tax structure with more control over business operations and protection from personal liability?
Sole proprietorships, partnerships, S-corporations and corporations have specific guidelines for business formation. Our Akron business entity formation attorneys can provide assistance in meeting the legal requirements in forming a clear legal entity which includes:
- Filing the necessary paperwork with state and federal entities
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- Risk management
- Drafting partnership agreements, letters of incorporation, partnership agreements, etc.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment contracts
- Real estate issues
Transaction & Contract Lawyers Akron, Ohio
Our contract and business attorneys have been advising individuals and businesses, both large and small, on contract matters for more than 30 years, and have drafted, reviewed and negotiated a wide variety of business contracts including:
- Sale and purchase of businesses, real estate and assets
- Service contracts
- Employment contracts
- Consulting contracts
- Construction contracts
- Licensing agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Franchise agreements
Debt Collection Lawyers Akron, Ohio
If you are seeking an Akron attorney to assist in corporate collections, the collection attorneys of Davis Law Group can provide a full-range of collection services at an affordable cost. One of the principals of Davis Law Group has been a special counsel for the State of Ohio from 1983 to 1995 and from 2007, and is responsible for the collection of delinquent taxes and assessments on behalf of several State of Ohio agencies and departments. The law firm has also represented numerous private corporations in collection matters, as well as general business issues and transactions. In event of the breach of a contract, we provide corporate litigation representation in the Akron, Barberton, Green, and Cuyahoga Falls. We have also handled lawsuits in numerous states and venues across the country.
If you require an Akron business lawyer to draft or review a contract, contact a business law firm you can trust, Davis Law Group LLC at 330-434-6600 or toll-free at 888-218-7733.
Areas Of Practice
Big Law Firm Service, Small Law Firm Price
- CIVIL LITIGATION ATTORNEY
- BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
- ENTITY FORMATION and TRANSACTIONS
- GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS LAWYER
- BOARD OF REVISION/TAX APPEALS
- REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY
- LANDLORD/TENANT ATTORNEY
- CRIMINAL/TRAFFIC (DUI) LAWYER
- ESTATE PLANNING/WILLS LAWYER
- PROBATE LAWYER
- PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
- BUSINESS DEBT COLLECTION ATTORNEY
- ESTATE PLANNING, TRUSTS, AND WILLS ATTORNEY
- DUI, OVI LAWYER ATTORNEY
- BUSINESS DEBT COLLECTION ATTORNEY